Botox and Fillers
Botox and Fillers UK's 4th Most Popular Anti Ageing Treatment
Fillers can be used to increase the volume and definition of the lips and cheeks. They are used regularly by many celebrities including Kim Kardashian, Megan Fox, Jennifer Anniston and Renee Zellweger. The fillers are made from a variety of materials and the effects can be either temporary or permanent, depending on the type of filler:
- collagen – effects last three to four months
- hyaluronic acid – lasts about four to six months
- calcium hydroxylapatite – lasts about 18 months
- poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA) – effects of injections given over several months may last up to two years
- polymethylmethacrylate beads (PMMA) – permanent, but most risky
Before you go ahead :
If you're considering dermal fillers, be certain about why you want to have them. The procedure can be expensive and has its limitations.
Cost: In the UK, facial fillers cost about £150 to £300 per session, depending on the amount of product used.
- Most fillers aren't permanent.
- There's no guarantee the desired effect will be achieved. The ageing process will still happen elsewhere – fillers will not, for example, fix a sagging jawline.
Botox is a drug made from a neurotoxin. It is used medically to treat certain muscular conditions and cosmetically remove wrinkles by temporarily paralyzing muscles. It works by injecting botox directly into the muscles in the face and forehead. After 3 days the muscles become paralyzed and the fine wrinkles and frown lines dissapear. The treatment lasts for about 3 months typiclaly and costs around £250.